The Business and Art of Newborn Photography : 1.5 Day Group Workshop
Instructors: Dawn Potter and Brianna Chaves
Seattle, WA – March 10th & 11th
Boise, ID – May 5th & 6th
Come spend two days with Dawn and Bri and learn all about the ins and outs of running a successful newborn photography studio.
Things we will cover:
- studio lighting
- equipment, settings & white balancing
- styling for your session
- choosing and working with props
- parent prep
- Dawn’s posing flow
- newborn wrapping
- transitions and shooting angles
- editing workflow
- In Person Sales vs Shoot and Share
- pricing yourself and your products
- marketing and partnerships
- SEO and creating a web presence
You will have the opportunity to shoot along and use the images you capture for your portfolio!
What you need:
- DSLR camera with 35mm or 50mm lens. Macro lens optional.
- knowledge of shooting in manual mode
- notebook or laptop for taking notes on the business portion; we will cover a lot of information!
- knowledge of photoshop is recommended
What is included:
- lunch and snacks for both days
- ongoing support via Facebook private group and email
Transportation and accommodations are not included in the tuition. There will be an optional no-host group dinner the evening before day one so we can all get acquainted ahead of time. Workshops are not open to those who currently mentor. We ask our students to honor a 1 year non-compete contract from the date of the workshop.
Total tuition cost is $1200. $400 deposit due to secure your spot with workshop balance due 2 weeks before workshop date.
Brianna Chaves with BC Photography Images featuring her hospital installation.
Booking will open on Sunday at 9:00am PST October 8th.
Dawn Potter is an award winning photographer who specializes in newborn photography. She established her business in 2014 and runs a successful part-time studio in Issaquah, WA. Brianna Chaves is an award winning photographer also specialized in newborn photography. Her photography studio is located in Boise, ID where she has worked hard to earn partnerships with 3 local hospitals who proudly display her work. Dawn and Brianna met at a CreativeLive class in Seattle in 2015 and immediately became friends. They are both passionate about the industry and helping others learn and grow their own photography businesses.